Usage: ce_player not working after upgrade of Contao to version 4.4

Simon

12 Feb, 2020 12:19 PM

Product: Open Sauce Contao
Contao Version: 4.4
Browser and version: Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit)

I have been using ce_player to display a youtube video on our website but since the upgrade of Contao to 4.4 it has stopped working. The link http://44.eis-benin.org/about.html is where the video is located.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by RockSolid Theme... on 13 Feb, 2020 08:27 AM

Thank you for submitting your question!

It looks like you are using a modified ce_youtube.html5-Template. If you remove (or rename) this template from your templates folder the video should work again.

2. 2 Posted by Simon on 13 Feb, 2020 08:59 AM

There was no file called ce_youtube.html5 but I just recreated the element in the article and it started to work. The problem now however is that it does not auto start and does not go back to the opening frame once the video is completed but rather suggests other youtube content.

So in a summary, it now works but I need it to auto start which it is not in spite of it being selected in the back end. Additionally it should return to the opening from rather than suggesting alternative content.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by RockSolid Theme... on 14 Feb, 2020 06:38 AM

Autoplay of video doesn’t work in some browsers if the video is not muted.

Going back to the opening frame is not possible with the YouTube element in Contao 4.4.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac